Friday, October 13, 2017

FO Friday: Slush Hat

Slush embodies a lot of coziness in one simple package. The pattern is free, and worked up for me in just a few hours. I used Deborah Norville's Serenity Chunky weight yarn, from the stash. I picked the slouchiest version of the hat and didn't quite use up the whole ball. I could probably make a wimpy pom pom out of what's left, but instead I think I will forgo the pom pom.


The textured stitch makes it look even more squishy, an effect that is enhanced when you add in the fact that the super bulky yarn is worked on size US 11 needles.

It is warm, neutral, modern, and was easy and quick. What more could you want out of a hat pattern? I think this would make a fantastic last minute gift.

Part of me still wants to buy a faux fur pom pom to add to it. Those poms are so popular right now, and so adorable! However, this was a stash busting project so I will probably keep it as is.

Either way, I'm sure I'll be using this pattern again because it was so simple and so rewarding. The yarn is nice too, in spite of being all acrylic. It's quite cozy and soft and perfect for those who think wool is "too itchy."

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥