Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday

Hello. I'm happy to say I have the day off! My son is a little sick- just sick enough that he wants to snuggle up on the couch and do inside games like puzzles and stories.

So while we do that, I've been working up a little swatch with my Anzula Cricket from Stitches. It's such a nice yarn and I really can't wait to have a finished garment out of it.


I'm starting my swatch on size 6's (the recommended size for Alana Dakos' Spring Garden Tee) but from what I'm looking at so far I think I'll end up going down a few sizes if I want to knit that one. Which I think I do. I'm going to work a few swatches with different needle sizes and pick which drape I like the best and do a Ravelry search for that gauge, but I really like the neckline of the Spring Garden Tee and I like that it's just a touch of lace. We'll see what ends up happening. This is my favorite part of knitting an object! Swatching, imagining, and working out the math.

In other news, I finished my niece's sweater. I picked up and knit the neck last night while watching Dinosaur Hunters with the little man: I decided on a simple crew neck instead of the side split collar I was imagining. It turned out nicely, but I haven't taken a picture of it yet. (I want to send it through the wash before I do that.) I think I will do what I did with my brother's sweater and gift it with strings dangling at the wrists so I can easily adjust the sleeve length. Expect an updated picture of that sweater soon!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. The Spring Garden Tee is lovely -- hope you get to cast on soon and hope your little guys bounces back quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥