Friday, November 2, 2012

Woodsies

Duplicate stitch was a disaster. Trying to combine stranding with intarsia was a hot mess, and I finally hit the happy medium.
Good ol' intarsia.
I'm just using small lengths of yarn and spit-slicing as needed: I did this all in one sitting! It's going by so fast, and I can't wait to finish the pair.
I was seriously about to give this project up! I was so bummed out, too, because I bought the pattern and yarn together and I hate having to re-purpose yarn when I got it specifically for one thing. Especially when the pattern is so dang cute! I'm glad I tried plain intarsia- and because it's 100% wool I'm sure all the uneven stitches will block out revealing the cutest badgers ever!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a technique to work for you! I cannot wait to see the badgers when they are all done; it looks cute so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm so excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to knit these so bad but the intarsia scares the bejeezus out of me. Its super cute watching the face appear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥