Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sock Head FO

My hat is finally complete. It seemed to go on and on and on, probably because it is like the longest hat ever. And it was made out of fingering weight yarn.
I think if I attempted this knit again, I wouldn't knit straight to the full 13". This particular hat is meant to be slouchy, and the decrease rows lend to that effect, but I do think I'd like a nice fingering weight hat without the excess at the top.
It makes me feel a bit like Dobby, but it's a hat made out of bright green zombie yarn so that's to be expected.
Here it is without the brim rolled up:
I'm soooo sorry my pictures suck by the way. I was trying to take advantage of the lighting in the morning but only had my cell phone camera. Weird... tilted pictures... Sorry.

Anyways this particular hat will be making it's trip to my friend quite soon. She is healing quite well from her surgery, and the last time I went to visit we walked around to the park with my son and she was almost just like new. Except, you know, she's a zombie now.

Sock Head Project Page
Size 1 needles
Yarn: Fishnits Opulence

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting ♥