Friday, June 8, 2012

FO Friday

I don't know if I've mentioned it lately, but I'm in the 12 pairs of socks in 2012 group on Ravelry, and I totally slacked off last month. So now I have to do 2 pairs in June. Luckily I have a few WIPs floating around, and this week I put some time into a pair and now my LoveSocks are done!


Reverse Stripes

When I chanced upon two coordinating balls of pink Cascade Fixation at my local thrift shop, I knew immediately I wanted to do some funky striped socks and- thanks to Devon Clement- the pattern was already out there.

Little Intarsia Hearts on the Heel Flap
The only modification I made to the pattern was the different weight of yarn. Using her child size directions, I was able to make an adult size sock with sport weight yarn. I used a size 3 needle, and I probably had enough yarn leftover to do several more stripes.
Also, not really a modification so much as an accident, I knitted them with the beginning of the round on the same side for each sock.



This wouldn't have been so noticeable if I had bothered with jog-less stripes but I very rarely do. I guess somehow I thought I could wear them both so that the jog is on the inside of my foot. You know, even though I have two feet, and the socks are identical?

You know how it's really hard to take pictures of your own feet?
It's extra hard to take pictures of your own heels.
The yarn is very comfy- very stretchy and quite soft. I'm keeping these ones for myself, because they seem too imperfect to give away and I love them so much I couldn't imagine giving them to someone who thought mis-matched socks were weird. Plus I'm very interested to know how well this yarn wears when mis-treated, so that when I do give some away I know what to tell them. (By mis-treated I just mean washed and dried like a regular ol' sock.)




Hee hee, did you notice that I took extra pictures today to make up for the fact that I have only one FO? I promise my Sunnyside Cardigan will be done very soon: ever since I split for the armholes it's like it's been knitting itself!
Check out more FO's with Tamis Amis.

10 comments:

  1. I love them :) I love mismatched socks personally, and I kinda like the way stripes look when they're not jogless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total love!! C'mon over to my blog today for a bit of sunshine (for you)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute, I love matching mismatched socks. Its so much fun to wear socks like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! I love that they are mismatched :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those socks =) reversed socks are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say hi from a new follower (or at least I'll be a new follower when blogger lets me!)

    Love the socks, they are so cute!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks look really fun! Reversed socks are always great (and knit regular they would have been a little too cute, I think).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! What a funny idea! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those socks, and the colors are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the hearts on the heels and the reverse striping. My socks in progress are knitted using Cascade Fixation which is a fun yarn to use. Can't wait to hear how yours stand up to washing and drying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥