Tuesday, December 20, 2011

IGNORING my Christmas knitting???

Today I knitted a hat. This hat.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it done. It has lost itself for now.
I'll try to get a modeled pic for FO Friday
It was fun and quick and I finished it before 7 pm. BUT it was pointless. It was knitting for knitting's sake and somehow that just isn't allowed in December.

Am I avoiding all the fiddly bits I have to deal with for presents? Do I think that by ignoring that heap of knit goods and wrapping paper that the elves will come and wrap all my presents for me? Do I think there is some secret knitting brownie that will come in the night and make 11 pompoms?

Who knows.
At any rate, I made the hat for myself. Now I'm a really loose knitter and all my hats come out too big so I compensated by using worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles and even casting on 12 fewer stitches for the ribbing. Guess what. Hat is too small. So maybe it was a present after all. After all, I sure haven't finished my son's giraffe....

Oh well.
I also went to a birthday party today. Gift?
Yay elephant!!! I'm so glad I added crochet to my list of skillzzzz.

Good night all. I'm going to be up late, crocheting a cowl that also has no point. I don't know why I do this; it is clearly December 20th.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're fitting in projects for yourself. Knitting is supposed to be a hobby afterall, not a chore.

    I love the little elephant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I LOVE that hat! So pretty!

    and learning to crochet is on my list to learn! Hoping to learn the basics on my Christmas break! Wish me crocheting mojo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥