Sunday, November 13, 2011

Works in Progress...

I finished my second swatch for the Ski Sweater a few days ago.
And set right to work on my sweater.

Final gauge was 4.25 stitches per inch- after measuring my 2 swatches very carefully probably 10 or 20 times.
So I cast on 160 for a total of 38" for a few inches of ease.
I haven't decided yet my rate of increases for the sleeves. In the original sweater, EZ increased every 4 rows up to 50% of the body number. However, in the Knitting Workshop she does a similar design and increases every 6 rows for a total of 1/3 of the body stitches. In the pictures I can't really tell the difference, so I guess I'll just decide when I get there how often I feel like decreasing!

Anyways, I'm nearly done with the body. Only five more inches or so, then I cast it right off. Can you believe I'm going to cut into this thing? I can't. It's pretty scary and I might make a point of buying EZ's Knitting Workshop DVD before I actually go through with it.
Also, it doesn't help that I actually don't have a sewing machine.

I really hope this gorgeous sweater doesn't end up being a tube and some arms because I'm too chicken to cut it up!!

Oh, and my novel? I missed a day because I was so convinced that the story was terrible and I shouldn't go on. Actually, I'm still convinced the story is terrible and I shouldn't go on. But I'm still writing, ang I guess that's what counts. (?)

2 comments:

  1. holy cow! this is stunning. it looks fantastic and so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Good idea to make hats as swatches. The sweater looks super warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥