Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 20... of the Super Stitches Knitting Project

I'm still working my way through this book. I can't wait to get to the eyelet and lace sections, but I have such a long way to go. Still in ribbings for now.

This week's swatches were:
1) Mock Cable Rib
2) Crossed Rib
3) Open Twisted Rib

Week 20 Swatches
Of the three I think my favorite was the Open Twisted Rib. It looks nice and was easy on the brain as well as fun for the fingers.

SWATCH 1: Mock Cable Rib
This one was very easy to do and though I like the way it looks, I hate calling it a "mock cable" because it doesn't really look like a cable to me. It just looks like a rib stitch with a stitch passed over.
Mock Cable Swatch
Which, of course, is what it is.
But other than my minor qualms with the name, this stitch pattern is fine and it's nice and stretchy and decorative. Also, it was very easy to do.

SWATCH 2: Crossed Rib
I love when cables involve knit and purl stitches. This swatch was done simply by working k1 p1 rib and then doing a cable every 5th row. (It was a 6 row repeat)
Crossed Rib Swatch
I really like the way this swatch came out, though it is not reversible at all.
It sort of reminds me of this hat pattern by Beth Kling. I don't know why, because it doesn't look the same at all. I think it's just that they both look nice and squishy.

SWATCH 3: Open Twisted Rib
My favorite of the three, this stitch pattern has decorative yarn overs as well as defining vertical lines worked by knitting through the back loop.
Though not done exactly the same (the swatch was knit flat) this reminds me of the stitch pattern found in Froot Loop from Knitty. Although in that pattern the lines of twisted knit stitches is replaced by a 2 stitch twist detail.
The pair of Froot Loops I made earlier this year

So that's it for this week! I am really enjoying working through this book. Since I only work a little swatch for each pattern, I never get too tired of the stitch pattern. And I only really work on them when I feel like doing something new, so it never gets boring! And (hopefully) one day I can put it all together and have a big quilt!

Next week's swatches are:
1) Woven Rib
2) Supple Rib
3) Lacy Rib

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥