Friday, November 18, 2011

FO Friday: Hardcore!!

I spent all day doing the finishing on this sweater (see previous post) and after hours of weaving in ends, seaming and re-seaming, I was finally ready to pick up and knit the collar. I was looking forward to it all day: "I can't wait to do the collar. Then I just have to pick up the stitches and finally KNIT something. No more seaming...."
don't i look smug?

Well wouldn't you just know that the pattern calls for the collar to be knitted separately and then sewn on?
Yeah. I did the most simplest of whipstitch to sew that sucker on, and thank goodness you can't tell!

I am so satisfied with this sweater. It is nice and big and cozy, and it totally has a skull on it. It's like an upgraded version of the skully sweater which I loved in the pictures but didn't work out for me in real life.
Hrm, why aren't there pictures of the back?
Shhh... I don't know how to embroider so my mom is going to do it for me when she has the time. (What?! It says "knit or die" not "embroider or die"!)
See more finished objects at Tami's Amis!
The ends

6 comments:

  1. That sweater is utterly fabulous. You have the patience of a saint. I could never do something with that many ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words can't describe how awesome that sweater is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! That is an epic accomplishment. And it looks awesome, too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love it. Enjoy being hardcore :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite a complicated sweater. The ends alone tell a story. Love especially the colorwork on the sleeves and hem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥