Sunday, November 20, 2011

FO: Birthday Present

I'm not doing a Super Stitches Post today. I have a birthday party to go to, full of 6-year old girls and Hello Kitty stuff. And cake.
Yesterday I made the birthday girl, Sophia, a little present. I finished it up this morning and can't wait to give it to her :D

I'm sure you've all seen Susan B. Anderson's new pattern from Knit Simple, flora and fairies. It came out so cute; I love it!

I used lots of different odds and ends. I'm glad I decided not to throw away my tiny scraps that were too small for even hexipuffs! They were perfect for her hair, body and shoes.
The skirt, limbs, and flower were all made with a bamboo-cotton blend by Queensland. I found this yarn at Tuesday Morning and bought it with no real intention and it is nice and soft for the flower. I did, however, have to iron it to keep the petals nice and straight.

I love that the flower is a cute little fairy home. I would have loved this as a kid. Actually, I love it now and may have considered keeping it instead of giving it to Sophia. I know. I'm horrible. Especially because I could knit another one for myself.


I don't think I'll be making another one any time soon, though. There was an awful lot of sewing up, and it was all done with small needles, and oh my gosh all that hair! Not to mention I had to embroider the face on, which is not exactly my strongest suit.
Still, I think it came out really cute and I hope Sophia has lots of fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love this little fairy :) Sophia is a very lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the birthday girl was over the moon with her beautiful gift from you. What a true delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love all the little details. You did a great job with the finishing and embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥