Friday, September 2, 2011

Yarn Review- Cestari 2 Ply Sock Yarn

Today I thought I'd do another yarn review. I know most every time I do a video I make a right fool of myself, but I figured I owed it to the knitting world to show what happened to the socks I knit for Will.
See? They used to fit!
Take heed knitters, if ever you knit with Cestari 2-ply Sock Yarn....

Also, sorry the video is so long. It takes my brain a long time to remember the point of things, and sometimes I have to ramble before sense-make. With normal blogging I can edit things out, but I haven't really worked that out with the camera yet.


also please pay no attention to my looking-like-crap.
i have no shame.


3 comments:

  1. Great video! You said not to laugh at the size of the socks,sorry, I had to! Huuuge!I've never seen anything like it. Lovely sheep wrist warmers (I love all the Tiny owl knits patterns, too).
    And then to my suprise you mentioned my blog, yay! Thank you, that really made my day!
    Looking forward to watching more yarn reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your videos! keep making them. i laughed really hard at the sock when you were like, "oh my gosh its as big as my face"
    i love those 'gnome homes', they are so adorable, can't wait to see your versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your review on this yarn after starting to use some. I was doing socks (not the past context), mine is the sock yarn in Cranberry and quite an old one; been marinating in the stash for a while. I'm pretty sure them saying it's sport weight is wrong; I chose a pattern for sport weight and at the recommended needle size it's going to be way too big. It's not ripping which is one good thing, but looking at it I'm thinking it's at least DK weight. I'm really not sure what to do with it now, it's not soft enough for a shawl in the prewashed state; I'm thinking I'll put it aside for the moment and maybe do a shawl later once I've stopped feeling miffed with it for not being what it promised to be.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥