Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Wonky Piece of Crochet, and other news


I feel it is important to note that I have no idea what I'm doing. Also, that I have a 9 month old who is very intent on me NOT going on youtube to find out what I'm doing wrong. Also, I have no crochet technique books so I'm going off my knitting books which, understandably, say very little on the subject.

I think, after I've finished this tiny leftover bit of red heart, that i'm going to sew this thing together up the sides and make a kind of headband thing. Then I'm going to pick up the stitches along the top with a circular needle and make a hat-like object and keep  it forever. I really highly doubt I'm ever going to do another piece of crochet again. Maybe if I buy The Happy Hooker. It only seems right that if Debbie Stoller taught me to knit back in 2004 that she should be the one to teach me how to crochet.

God everytime i scroll back up i shudder inside. I can't crochet. I've said it before and here is my second peice of proof. Maybe one day I'll figure it out. I'm going to keep trying, i remember my first peice of knitting. It was pretty bad too.


IN OTHER NEWS::
1) It is March 13th and I only have 13 days left to finish the Central Park Hoodie.
2) I cannot, for the life of me, start knitting the second Guitar Man sock.
3) I bought more sock yarn, and then I bought more sock yarn again.
4) My son is very sick with  fevers.

So yay! That's my life.
Also, my dad's home for the weekend and the weather is ugly and i'm stuck indoors. It is most unpleasant. Usually I would put the chunky in his stroller and we could escape, but now he's sick.
What's even lamer is that I just bought him a bike seat and a helmet and we can't even go on a super-happy-fun bike ride.
But I put him in it the other day.
He didn't like his helmet anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥